Dronfield Online Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times

3 posters

Go down

Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times Empty Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times

Post  Sue89 Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:23 am

I am writing on behalf of residents on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft. It is an ongoing problem concerning parents picking up their children from William Levick School. Recently myself and other residents have had their drives totally blocked, last week I had a doctors appointment with my son who attends Henry Fanshawes School and was unable to get out due to someone parking straight across the back of my car which was on my drive. I find this totally unacceptable and ignorant.
Cars are also parked around the junction making it impossible to pull out into Longcroft Road safely. Something needs to be done before an accident happens.

S Hunt

Sue89

Back to top Go down

Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times Empty Re: Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times

Post  Lainey Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:30 am

Hi Sue

I agree parking at school time is a problem - i visit relatives on Stonelow Road and it is a nightmare at these times. There seems to be no regard for other drivers on the road from parents who are keen to get as close to the school gates as they can. Evil or Very Mad

Even more annoying, the football clubs who use the park on a Sunday morning for matches seem to think it is ok to empty their cars of litter onto the grass verges for local residents to clear up after them - what is happening to community spirit?? scratch
Lainey
Lainey

Back to top Go down

Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times Empty Re: Parking on Longcroft Road/Smithy Croft school times

Post  bowler Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Sue,
There is also a big problem with the parking going down Bubnell road on to Gosforth Fields people come down here and when the car park is full they just park where they feel like,mainly outside everyone,s house, this is the only road leading to the field it is not very wide plus it not a very good road surface, so cars coming up and down is an accident just waiting to happen.

bowler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down