Dronfield Online Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booze free zone

3 posters

Go down

Booze free zone Empty Re: Booze free zone

Post  White Swan Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 am

As the Manager of The White Swan, i would be very interested to see the photos you have of our customers leaving and causing damage to property.
The lane that runs behind the pub, i do agree has a litter issue. This rubbish does not come from the pub, we do not sell cans so these can not possibly come from us. More likely it comes from the teenagers in the community who use the lane to go from one place to another.
Our cleaner uses the back door for access every morning and any rubbish is picked up by her at this time.
This lane is also used as access by people leaving the pubs further round Chesterfield Road and the noise they make can not just be blamed on our customers.
Also please bear in mind that Fat Sam's is just down from us and attracts customers who have been drinking in every pub in Dronfield. I am not trying to pass blame on to others, but i feel you have overlooked the fact that people who pass behind the pub can have come from anywhere. Just because they have been drinking, does not necessarily mean they have come from The White Swan. In fact 90% of our customers leave through the front doors and get into taxis. As for the last weekend of the month being the worst time, it is also our quietest time as many people go into town on payday weekend.
I myself work on the bar Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday daytimes and am available most evenings in the week. Please feel free to call in at any time to discuss the issues you have raised.
On occasion there are customers using the back lane for smoking and they do take their drinks out with them, this is mainly when we have a function and bar staff are alert for this happening and ask people to use the appropriate places instead of the lane. Due to fire safety laws though, the door leading out to the lane has to remain unlocked during our opening hours as it is a fire exit.
The phone number for the pub is 01246 412336, my name is Zoe. Please feel free as i mentioned above to phone or call in to discuss the issues you have raised.

White Swan

Back to top Go down

Post  craigmason71 Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 pm

steve wood wrote:
The aftermath of a Friday or Saturday night is often verging on ridiculous,[I have photographs to prove it, vommit, litter empty drinks glasses and cans etc.]
Steve put your photos on here so we can all see the problem

craigmason71
Bronze
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  pp Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am

Bank holiday weekend nice peacefull long weekend to relax with your loved ones. That was until saturday night the noise coming from the white swan until almost 2am was disgusting. live band with doors open and people drinking out the back. Have phoned a couple of times to try and speak to the manager but no one seems to know who this is, thats one way to avoid having to deal with complaints!! Its about time something is done about the noise comin from the white swan. The last few weeks have been horrible. Please post the photos steve so the rest of dronfield can see what we have to deal with. Yes i brought a house near a pub and do expect a bit of noise but this is now getting out of control.

pp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down